Manual annotation of the pig genome was undertaken by the Havana group at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
External collaborators involved were:
- Chromosome 6 LRC region: annotation was a collaboration with the Roslin Institute in Edinburgh
- Chromosome 7-LW: the Class I region was sequenced by the INRA (France), Genoscope (France) and Tokai University (Japan). The Class II and III regions were sequenced by the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
- Chromosome 17: sequencing was carried out by the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in collaboration with Max.F.Rothschild, Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, USA
- Other genome wide annotation: annotation for the Immune Response Annotation Group was part of a community annotation project co-ordinated by Chris Tuggle (Iowa State University), Claire Rogel-Gaillard (INRA) and Jane Loveland (WTSI). This annotation has been perfomed under the guidance of the Havana group.
- C. Renard, (a), E. Hart, (b), H. Sehra (b), H. Beasley (b), P. Coggill
(b), K. Howe (b), J. Harrow (b), J. Gilbert (b), S. Sims (b),
J. Rogers (b), A. Ando (c), A. Shigenari (c), T. Shiina (c), H. Inoko
(c), P. Chardon (a) and S. Beck (b).
The genomic sequence and analysis of the swine major histocompatibility complex
Genomics 2006 Volume 88, Issue 1, July 2006, Pages 96-110. [Pubmed]
(a) LREG INRA CEA, Jouy en Josas, France, (b) Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK, (c) Department of Molecular Life Science, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa-Pref. 259-1193, Japan.
- Loveland , JE, Gilbert, JGR, Griffiths E and Harrow JL.
Community gene annotation in practice.
Database (Oxford) 2012 Mar 20;2012:10.1093 /database/bas009
Structural and functional annotation of the porcine immunome.
Dawson HD, Loveland JE, Pascal G, Gilbert JG, Uenishi H, Mann KM, Sang Y, Zhang J, Carvalho-Silva D, Hunt T, Hardy M, Hu Z, Zhao SH, Anselmo A, Shinkai H, Chen C, Badaoui B, Berman D, Amid C, Kay M, Lloyd D, Snow C, Morozumi T, Cheng RP, Bystrom M, Kapetanovic R, Schwartz JC, Kataria R, Astley M, Fritz E, Steward C, Thomas M, Wilming L, Toki D, Archibald AL, Bed'Hom B, Beraldi D, Huang TH, Ait-Ali T, Blecha F, Botti S, Freeman TC, Giuffra E, Hume DA, Lunney JK, Murtaugh MP, Reecy JM, Harrow JL, Rogel-Gaillard C, Tuggle CK.
BMC Genomics. 2013 May 15;14:332. PUBMED: 23676093; PMC: 3658956; DOI: 10.1186/1471-2164-14-332.